Bad Breath - Don’t Let It Stifle Your Social Life
Stinky breath – one of the most distressing and socially embarrassing problems!
- Take brushing and flossing seriously. Make sure to brush your teeth after every meal to get rid of leftover particles stuck in between your teeth.
- Don’t forget your tongue. Clean your tongue as you clean your teeth. Your tongue can trap a great deal of bacteria that cause the foul smell. So, make sure to clean and scrub your tongue also.
- A dry mouth is a breeding ground for bacteria. Drink plenty of water to flush out the bacteria and the food particles off your mouth.
- To stimulate saliva flow, eat lots of acidic fruits such as oranges. Go for raw crunchy foods. They can help clean your teeth and clear off plaque.
- Quit smoking, as it can cause dry mouth, which can also lead to foul-smelling breath.
- Be conscious of the foods that you eat. Cut down foods that contain a lot of garlic, onions, or spices. Go easy on coffee, alcohol, and sugary snacks, too. Ditch the high protein foods like cheese, milk and meat.
- Try the age-old remedy - oil pulling the act of swishing oil in your mouth for a few minutes. This can kill harmful bacteria and reduce bad mouth odor.
- Chew sugarless gum. It stimulates saliva secretion and makes your breath smell good
- Get your teeth cleaned by your dentist regularly - preferably every six to twelve months.
Are you tired of using breath freshener products every time to hide your unpleasant mouth odor? No worries!