For many women bigger is not always better. Oversized breasts can cause physical discomfort as well as emotional and social anxiety. Breast reduction surgery is designed to reshape the breasts in order to make it lighter, smaller and firmer. Breast reduction is accomplished by excising excess skin, underlying fat and glandular tissue. If you are “top heavy” go for a Breast reduction surgery today. Indeed, it could open up a whole new world of clothing options and physical activities.
Incisions are made around the areola, accompanied by a vertical incision from the bottom of areola to the crease underneath the breast with or without a horizontal incision underneath the breast along the breast crease. The excess breast tissue and skin are removed and the nipple and areola are raised to an appropriate, aesthetic position on the newly shaped breast.
You may need a Breast reduction surgery if
- You have large sagging breasts that limits your daily physical activity
- You are extremely self-conscious and bothered with breasts that are too large and heavy
- You experience severe neck or back pain
- You suffer from frequent skin irritations and infections under the breast crease
- You have shoulder indentations due to tight bra straps
- You experience skeletal deformities and breathing problem
You are eligible for a Breast reduction surgery if
- You possess a stable physical health without any pre-existing medical conditions
- You have no intention of breastfeeding
- You have good skin laxity, which means it will ‘bounce’ back after surgery
- You have realistic expectations of the outcome of the surgery
- You have a great deal of patience to cope up with the healing process
The Risks Involved
Risks include bleeding, unfavorable scarring, fat necrosis, wound dehiscence, infection, asymmetry and need for revision surgery.
If you are overly self-conscious of your big bosoms or if it is causes back or shoulder pain then it is best to opt for a Breast reduction surgery. This surgery also ensures increased satisfaction with appearance, enhanced self-esteem and relief from unwanted attention. Yes, with Breast reduction surgery you are sure to regain your confidence and physical comfort.