Thigh is one of the most problematic areas of the body which is prone to accumulation of fat as we age. Thigh lift is a cosmetic body shaping procedure that reduces excess fat and saggy skin around the thighs to create a more appealing and younger-looking contour. If your thighs are a ‘fat trouble spot’ and you have a “pear shaped” body, a Thigh lift surgery can diminish unsightly bulges and tone up your upper legs to reveal a more flattering silhouette.
This is a simple procedure where an incision is made in the thigh area and the excess fat is removed through liposuction. Then the skin is pulled up, tightened and the extra skin is trimmed off. The incisions are closed with sutures after proper skin repositioning. Large, deeply placed absorbable sutures are used to secure the skin to the bones and ligaments and prevent sagging as the incisions heal.
You may need a Thigh lift if you
- Have large amounts of loose hanging skin and fat on the thighs
- Have thighs that are not proportionate to the rest of your body
You are eligible for a Thigh lift if
- You are healthy with a stable weight for a period of six months prior to the surgery
- You are self-consciousof your ‘thunder thighs’ and looking to sculpt a slimmer upper leg contour
- You desire for thighs that are more shapely and proportional
- You have a positive outlook and a realistic expectation of what can be accomplished
The Risks Involved
Blood clots, internal bleeding, infection, fluid accumulation in the legs and poor wound healing are the possible risks that go with this surgery.
Following a Thigh lift surgery, you will notice an improvement in your thigh contour immediately. Your thighs will appear smoother, leaner and proportionate to the rest of your body.
With Thigh lift surgery you can now flaunt your shapely upper legs with your favorite shorts and flattering miniskirts. Go for a Thigh lift and get your legs transformed from fat flubbers into toned, slender and attractive thighs.